- St Ayle Skiff’sThe St Ayle Skiff is a rowing boat for four rowers and a cox, measuring 22ft (6.7m) long and 5ft 8in (1.7m) beam. Although the skiff looks traditional, it is a modern design conceived in 2009 and modelled on the traditional Fair Isle Skiff. It is a design that utilises plywood instead of solid, lapped […]
- We Are Building Skiff No. 4Get involved! Two-hour Workshop Sessions with Alan Thorne take place in the Purifier Building at the following times: Tuesday to Friday each week: 09:45 to 11:45, 12:45 to 14:45 and 15:00 to 17:00. On Saturdays, we row!! The Workshop Sessions are open to anyone aged 12 or above and no experience of carpentry or boat […]
- Long distance rowingFrom January 2023, we are trialling a new system for those who would like to row a greater distance. One of our skiffs will depart from Faversham Creek Bridge at the assembly time (ie an hour before High Water), row down the Creek and return an hour later at High Water. This will be an […]
- Fareham Creek RegattaFaversham has been invited to Fareham Creek Regatta which takes place on 15 and 16 July 2022 by Fareham Sailing and Motorboat Club. We will be taking two Skiffs down to Fareham to participate in some fun races and generally join in the party! It’s a fabulous event with music, gig rowing, sailing races and […]
- Skiffie Worlds 2022We are delighted to say that our skiff, Findlay Macdonald, participated in the St Ayles Skiffs world championships, SkiffieWorlds, which took place in Kortgene in the Netherlands from 25 June to 2 July. Our boat and local crew acquitted itself very well, particularly as this was a first visit to this brilliant event. The small […]
- Support from The ElephantA huge THANK YOU to Jim and everyone at The Elephant in The Mall for a donation of £1000 towards the build of what will be our 4th skiff. Without the support of our local community we could not continue to build, row and maintain these boats. The community boat build teaches skills to participants, […]
What is Community Boat Building?
Come and get involved in building a proper boat! Learn from our skilled tutor about the whole process of building a 22ft St Ayles Skiff – all the way from first planks on the mould to final fit-out and paint job. You could even get to try your hand as a rower in the finished skiff.
16 – 24 years old?
We are currently running dedicated build sessions for younger people, come and try your hand as a boat builder in a friendly and welcoming environment. No experience necessary… biscuits provided!
Where to find us?
We’re in central Faversham in The Purifier Building just behind Morrisons.
Want to find out more? Drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This project wouldn’t be possible without the support of our funders.